Remarriage after divorce is a long-debated issue, as there are many religious, psychological and social concerns associated with the decision. Before taking this big step, you need to address each of these issues to get prepared for a better marriage experience. Learn about these things and probable solutions for them.
People, who believe to move forward in life, think of getting remarried after an unsuccessful relation ended by divorce. However, this decision needs to be more cautious, as it would be hard for you to take the pain for the second time. Remarriage after divorce is the decision taken in search of true love, to fill the empty spot and also for the sake of children. To make your decision bear fruits, you should consider the factors mentioned below.
Waiting Period to Remarry
Apart from allowing your divorce procedure to settle down, you need to take other things into account as well to decide on waiting period to remarry after divorce. Take suggestions from your friends and relatives about the righteousness of your decision. Here are few things, which must be done before approaching a new partner:
- Though, it might appear difficult, you need to bury your past deep into the ground to start afresh.
- Evaluate your performance in the last relationship and try to improve on your mistakes.
- If possible, refurbish your lifestyle to accommodate changes, which will be helpful for you to move further.
Evaluate Your Benefits
It is not a sin to evaluate your benefits before taking the decision of getting remarried. Here are few things, which require mandatory thought process from your side:
- What happens to social security benefits if you remarry? It is an important issue and thus, you need to find an answer for this.
- Are you prepared financially to handle the burden of a new family, especially if you already have children from last marriage?
- What effect the decision of remarriage after divorce will bear on your social status?
- Will your family support you on your decision of starting a new life?
- Take into account the interest of your children from first marriage.
Considering the Religious Issues
- You must find an answer for the question that can a Christian divorce and remarry according to the bible. Different people have different views on this, so it is better to consult a religious head.
- Can a remarried man be a pastor or hold any other significant religious position?
- Are you eligible to marry a person from different caste or culture, if compatibility is not an issue?
Finding a Suitable Match
Don’t think that after bearing the label of a divorcee, you lose your eligibility to get married. Though, you will have to work a bit on yourself in order to attract the best possible. You can seek help from “The Woman Men Adore… And Never Want To Leave” and learn some magical trick that will make you hard to resist for any man. However, finding a suitable match for yourself is a concerning issue, which must be dealt with great care Here are few tips to help you:
- It is important to disclose your past, without hiding even an inch of your sad journey. This will help the other person to invest trust in you.
- If the other person has also gone through the same phase, you should also ask him or her to share the past.
- Pre-marriage counseling can be of great help for both of you to develop fine understanding.
After all these issues are addressed, you can execute the decision of remarriage after divorce after adopting an optimistic outlook. Don’t let your past memories contaminate your present and make every possible attempt to make it and eternal relationship.